- Planting of 235 whips – mix of hazel, oak and guelder – completed in April
- Supporting fundraising for a defibrillator to be located in the park – the defibrillator has been ordered
- NCS Students Summer Projects
- Native Wildflower Planting – deferred to 2019 due to heat wave in 2018
- Planting of flower beds in car park – deferred to 2019 due to heat wave in 2018
- Improve the area in front of the Pavilion
- Maintenance of Pavilion – painting
- Introduce further butterfly and bee friendly plants/bushes into the Butterfly Garden – ground too hard to plant up due to heat wave and difficult to water this area – carried over to 2019
- Spread wood chippings on paths – some paths undertaken by NCS Students
- Removal of non-native saplings – ongoing during general park maintenance
HOW YOU CAN HELP
If you have any plants, shrubs, bulbs, seeds or cuttings that are surplus to requirements and you would like to donate them to the park, these will be gratefully accepted. There are several areas where they can be used, please let us know by completing the form on our Contact Us page.
If you would like to be a volunteer or want to just help out when you have some spare time, please let us know by completing the form on our Contact Us page. Your help and support is very much appreciated. Thank you.